JSW Group enters paints business with JSW Paints to Unify India with its colours
First time in India, Any Colour – One Price From JSW Paints offers great value to consumers and ushers price transparency
- JSW Group is the first Indian conglomerate to enter paints business.
- JSW Paints is built on thoughtful interventions to make painting Simple. Swift &Sure for consumers.
MUMBAI, MAY 2, 2019: India’s leading business conglomerate, JSW Group has entered the paints business in India with JSW Paints. This is part of the Group’s diversification into consumer-facing businesses and a historic first-time entry of an Indian conglomerate into the organized paints sector. With the launch of its paints business, JSW Group aims to make a comprehensive offering for consumer homes through steel, cement, furniture and now paints.
JSW Paints aims to be a thoughtful paint company creating beautiful experiences for its customers. To this effect, its entire business & brand proposition is based on thoughtful interventions across colour, customer assistance, packaging and manufacturing.
- Product Range: JSW Paints’ brand promise of Simple, Swift & Sure is delivered through its water-based colours for homes. It’s the only company with an all water based decorative paints portfolio in the country – Decorative paints that use no solvents, are low on VOC and totally family-friendly. Even the colourants for tinting the paints are water based and low- VOC. Its consumer portfolio is tested & certified for best performance with, a first time in India, life expectancy indicator of 3, 5 or 7 years.
- Any Colour One Price JSW Paints Colourvista is a curated portfolio of over 1800 shades making it one of the widest & best-researched colour range in the Indian market. JSW Paints aims to unify India with colours with its path-breaking promise of any colour in a product line being offered at one price. This is the first time an Indian paint company is bringing such pricing transparency as a thoughtful intervention to Indian consumers. This removes the opaqueness in colour pricing in the Industry for tinted colours where “colourant cost extra” is charged and every colour in a product-pack has a different price and the difference between colours can be as high as Rs.150 per litre.
- Customer Assistance: JSW Paints adds a human touch to its consumer experience. Its Customer Relationship Officer referred to as a JSW Paints Buddy, will be available on ground to assist customers to make an informed choice about products, colours and even to find a contractor if required.
- Innovative & Ergonomic Packaging: JSW Paints offers its paints in an innovative & ergonomic, first-time rectangular packaging designed to save space, transportation costs and easy to store. The packaging is also easy to use, roller-friendly with an ECO tray accessory to assist application of the colour on home walls.
- Manufacturing Capacities: JSW Paints proud to have set up India’s largest and fully automated coil coatings facility with an annual capacity of 25000 KL and state-of-the-art fully automated only water-based decorative paints plant in India with 100,000 KL annual capacity. Both manufacturing units are designed to be environment-friendly and are ZLD (Zero Liquid Discharge) units.
JSW Paints commences its launch in South India from Karnataka (Bengaluru and Hubballi). It expects to complete the roll-out in South and West markets by end Q2FY20 with plans to be a pan-India player within three years. JSW Paints aims to be among the top 3 brands in India by 2025 with a market share of 10%.